Bernadette had used a mini muffin tray and simply tossed them in cinnamon and sugar. Cute and yummy! I did a dozen mini muffins and cooked the rest in a loaf tin. I think it worked better as mini muffins.
- 250g SR flour
- 125g sugar
- 125g butter chopped roughly
- 3 or 4 cooking apples peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- enough milk to make into a fairly stiff batter
- Mix all together to form a lumpy mixture.
- Place in a greased roasting pan or lamington pan and bake in a moderate oven about 1 hour - or until cooked when tested.
- While hot, spread with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Serve hot with cream or custard for a dessert, or cold as a slice.