Tandoori Chicken Salad with Mint Dressing
Tandoori Mint Dressing
- 1 cup of firmly packed mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Welcome to a New Year and a fresh start. This was something I admittedly found in the Woolworths ‘Fresh!’ Magazine and it really appealed so I decided to give it a go…
- ½ BBQ Chicken
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1 ½ tbsp Tandoori Paste
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2-4 Naan bread (choose any flavour you like… I decided on plain as there was lots of flavour in the salad)
- 1 large cucumber
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt (I used more than the recipe stated as I LOVE Greek yoghurt!)
- Preheat grill on high. Line baking tray with foil. Slice the chicken, discarding skin (I didn’t) and bones, shred the remaining meat.
- Pat dry chickpeas with paper towel (I used a clean tea towel). Mix Tandoori paste with 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl. Add the chickpeas and toss well to coat. Spread over one half of the baking tray. Brush each naan with 1 tbsp oil and place on other side of tray. Cook under grill 3-4 minutes, stirring chickpeas and turning naan halfway, or until naan bread is toasted and golden.
- To make the mint dressing, process mint, lemon juice and oil in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, chickpeas, cucumber, spinach and onion. Drizzle over remaining oil and toss gently to combine.
- Spread yoghurt over base of a large serving platter. Pile salad on top. Drizzle over mint dressing. Scatter over extra mint and serve with naan.