Quick and Easy Satay Chicken
Simple to make, easy to cook, quick to prepare, and a family favourite that has fed many people at short notice, as needed. It’s a winner! Add it to your quick and easy recipe file.
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp oil (I used peanut oil)
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4-5 tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy depending on your texture preference)
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- a ‘glug’ of soy sauce
- Dice the chicken thighs. Roughly dice the onion.
- Heat oil in deep fry pan on medium heat. Cook onions until softened slightly.
- Add the diced chicken thighs, and brown.
- Once chicken has browned lightly, add the combined cup of water and curry powder.
- Stir in the peanut butter and golden syrup. Keep stirring until mixture thickens slightly.
- Reduce heat and cover. Let mixture simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If mixture thickens too much, add small amounts of water until right consistency.
- After 15 minutes simmering, add the frozen peas and glug of soy sauce.
- Cover again and cook on low for a further five minutes until peas have cooked.
- Serve with boiled rice and sprinkled over spring onions to garnish